1) To be respectful to Classmates, please note that Attendance at Dress Rehearsal is Compulsory for “Showtime 2018”.
2) The Dance Studio reserves the right to cancel any class. Refunds will be granted for any class we have to cancel.
3) No credit will be granted for any missed classes except in cases of prolonged illness. No refunds will be issued for students withdrawing from a class, after the third class of each term (Students may “try” a class for 3 weeks only).
4) In Syllabus classes, Please note:
-Students will be chosen for Exams at the discretion of the teacher.
-In Ballet, from Grade 1 onwards, The Royal Academy of Dance now states that Students attend two classes per week. Those students only wishing to take 1 class per week, must take 2 years to progress to the next level.
-For Ballet Students taking an exam in grades 2-5 , it is strongly recommended that each student take National Class to assist in the character dances required for ballet exams.
5) In Modern, from Grade 2 onwards, the I.S.T.D. recommends that Students study Ballet to be considered for an exam.
6) Students recommended for Intermediate Foundation Ballet and above are chosen based on Grade 4/5 Ballet exam results (for example, "Distinction") and the ability to commit to regular attendance to 4 Ballet Classes per week.
7) The correct uniform must be worn at all times. For the discipline of dance and safety's sake, hair must be up in a bun for Ballet and back off the Dancers' face in a pony-tail or French braid for Jazz, Modern, Highland, and National.
8) Post-dated cheques must be submitted, at Registration, for fees for all three terms. If arranged with Administration, payment for term fees may be broken down over the term and paid by a series of post-dated cheques, monthly cheques, but cheques for all three terms must be received at registration. Over the year, if there are any class changes, resulting in fee adjustment, we will return the original post-dated cheques and ask you to re-issue new ones.
9) Near the end of each Term, a reminder will be sent home regarding upcoming fee payments. Please note a $25.00 NSF fee will apply to all returned cheques.
All uniforms will remain the same for the upcoming year. We will still be ordering uniforms through Christine Wright with more information will follow at Registration.